In partnership with the Salvation Army, SAS administers Utility Assistance to Shenandoah County Residents who have a disconnection notice for electric, water, and heat source bills.  

This assistance is limited to individual/household use once every 2 years per Salvation Army requirements, and the amount of assistance provided is based on donations received.  

To apply for Utility Assistance, clients in need must contact the SAS office to complete a HelpLink Assessment.  If assistance is offered, clients are required to complete, sign and return the Salvation Army Application for Assistance. 

This application is available for download on the right of this page.  If you are unable to print the application, it can be provided in person. 

Shenandoah Alliance for Shelter